No children under 4 allowed in our equipment
***GLASS BEER BOTTLES AND STYROFOAM COOLERS ARE NOT PERMITTED- PLEASE RESPECT THE RIVER***
ALL RENTALS RETURNED AFTER 6 PM WILL BE CHARGED $1 PER MINUTE.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND ALL FLOATERS BE ABLE TO SWIM AND PHYSICALLY BE ABLE TO RESCUE YOURSELF FROM MOVING WATER
SHUTTLE SERVICE- this is for your personal watercraft
IF YOU ARE RENTING A BOAT FROM US YOU DO NOT NEED THIS
This is if you need a shuttle service for your personal watercraft(all rentals include shuttle service). Includes transport of one person and one vessel to our drop in location where you will float back to our location where you car is. Additional rider(in same vessel) extra. You can cancel your shuttle reservation at any time for a full refund.
- 5 mile- $20
- 10 mile- $25
- extra rider in same boat- $5
includes a paddle and life jacket and a transport up river
Kayaks are the most stable, most maneuverable, and most comfortable way to float. Beginner friendly but offering modest storage, the rear platform will hold a bag cooler or large lunch box size cooler. Be sure to bring a bungee. Rental includes paddle, life jacket, and shuttle up river to the drop in location. Maximum weight for single is 300 lbs, but we recommend no more than 280 lbs. Maximum weight for the tandem is 450 lbs.
Jackson Riviera sit on top kayaks- Cadillac of the river.
includes two paddles and life jackets and a transport up river
Canoes are large and the hardest to maneuver, but offers the most space and storage. Each rental includes paddles and life jacket and a shuttle to the drop in location. Float back to our location where your vehicle is parked.
NEW- SELF SHUTTLE OPTION
We are offering a self shuttle option under a trial period. THESE PROCEDURES ARE REQUIRED- NO EXCEPTIONS
If you would like to drop your own personal vessel at our 5 or 10 mile drop in location and end at our office you may now do so. We are not responsible for unattended items. We recommend leaving someone to oversee your stuff. One member of the party can then come to our office and purchase a wristband for each person that will be floating out to our takeout (which is where our office is). A RIVER ACCESS FEE($10 per person) FOR EVERY PERSON MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE. The person who brings the vehicle to our office may then purchase a transportation pass back to the put in location($10 per person) and distribute the wristbands to each individual taking out at our location.
- DO NOT BLOCK OUR SHUTTLE EQUIPMENT ENTRANCE AT THE RIVER ACCESS LOCATIONS.
- 5 MILE ACCESS- DO NOT ENTER GATED AREA- park outside the gated area and walk your vessel to the designated staging area
- THERE IS NO ALL DAY PARKING AT THE 5 MILE ACCESS- TEMPORARY UNLOADING ONLY
- $10 PER PERSON ACCESS FEE- WRISTBAND MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN YOU ARRIVE- NO EXCEPTIONS. LOST WRISTBANDS WILL BE CHARGED AGAIN
- The individual who comes to our location to purchase the wristbands and ride our vehicle back to the put in location MUST be at our office NO LATER than 11am for the 10 mile option and 1pm for the 5 mile option- PLAN YOUR TIME ACCORDINGLY. We will need a form filled out with your name and vehicle make/model and license plate info. The fee for riding in our transportation vehicle to the put in location is $10 PER PERSON (plus an additional $10 per vessel to take out).
- Directions to 5 mile(from I-40)- take Highway 13 south for one mile to Cuba Landing Rd. Turn right on Cuba Landing Rd and go 1/2 mile. Drop location is on right just before the bridge. It takes 10 minutes to arrive at our office from here- PLAN ACCORDINGLY
- Directions to 10 mile(from I-40)- take Highway 13 south for 4 1/2 miles. Turn right onto an unlabeled road(Google lists as School House Hollow Rd). In 1/2 mile the road splits. Stay straight(slight left). Go another mile and cross over the bridge. The access area is immediately on the left with a very sharp turnback. You can go straight and turn around in 1/4 mile if you have a trailer. It takes 20 minutes to arrive at our office from this location- PLAN ACCORDINGLY
- See our interactive map shown under the "WHAT TO EXPECT" tab for drop location details.
- YES THE BUFFALO RIVER FLOWS NORTH. ALL RIVERS FLOW DOWNHILL REGARDLESS OF THE WAY A COMPASS POINTS
EXAMPLE #1: Two people drop their two kayaks at the access point. One person stays with the stuff while the other person drives to our office to park (which is where the float ends). After parking, you pay for two "river access fees"(one for each individual $10+$10) and one transportation fee($10). Total cost $10+$10+$10= $30 plus tax.
EXAMPLE #2: Four people with two kayaks and one canoe drop their vessels at the access point. Three people stay with the stuff while one person drives the car to our office which is where the floats ends. After parking, you pay for four "river access fees" (one for each person ($10+$10+$10+$10=$40) and one transportation fee ($10 for the person riding in our vehicle). Total price is $40 + $10= $50 plus tax.
EXAMPLE #3: Five people with four kayaks (one is a tandem) drop their kayaks at the access point. Three people stay with the stuff while two people drive the car to our office which is where the float ends. After parking, you pay for five "river access fees"(one for each person $10+$10+$10+$10+$10= $50) and two transportation fees ($10 for each seat in our vehicle = $20). Total price is $50 + $20= $70 plus tax.